Luxury One-Level Freestanding
Of the 60 planned condominium homes in this fabulous ocean community, only 3 sites are not yet in contract, and of these, 2 are reserved by potential buyers. This is the last opportunity to have a custom home here. Because of the "bumping" process, there is a possibility that you could still purchase the 2 reserved lots but you will have to act quickly. One of these sites would have a great ocean view from a loft addition to the Lilac model. At this time there is only one site that could contain a larger home (lot 60) and two that can only contain a Lilac (lots 42 and 43) Please peruse the website and see all that our development has to offer you. Designed as a 55 plus community, 20% of the community may be younger. In the fall of 2015 we will be opening our clubhouse and pool which you may join as a home owner or Champlin Woods Condo owner. (See Champlin Woods Condos)
Visit daily from 10:00 to 4:00 and by appointment 401-596-3000 ext. 1 GPS 128 Shore Rd., Westerly, RI 02891
Winnapaug Cottages has been designed to include 60 single-family cottages that are condominium association maintained.
The development is nestled in the 135-acre Dr. John Champlin Glacier Park in Rhode Island's charming Westerly and overlooks Winnapaug Pond and the ocean.
- There are 2 miles of gentle trails as well as lightly travelled private drives for your walking pleasure.
- There is a new nearby shopping area with supermarket, pharmacy, restaurants and convenience stores, in addition to the charming shops and park of historic downtown Westerly.
- The homeowner's association performs exterior maintenance so you have time to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Standard features on the homes are exceptional and include 50-year roof shingles, double-dipped white cedar shingles, Energy Star certification, fireplaces, paver terraces and paver driveways.
- Those who have ever visited the area love to return to enjoy the relaxed lifestyle provided by the ocean beaches, the salt water ponds like Ninigret and Winnapaug, and the beautiful fields and woods preserved by the Westerly Land Trust and the Audubon Society. The area also offers excellent golf courses, scenic vistas, a sense of community, and one of the most beautiful areas of homes and harbor on the Atlantic coast.
Please explore our web site to learn more about the area and see renderings of the homes that we offer and photographs of a sample of the homes that we have built. These homes often have custom features like bay windows, skylights and lofts—if you think it, we can do it! Read about our reservation program on the Contact Us page.
Click on the buttons above right to see a video showcasing Winnapaug Cottages, and for information about our adjacent development, Champlin Woods. At Champlin Woods we are offering elevated apartment condominiums with views of the ocean, as well as climate controlled underbuilding parking and storage. The buildings are shingled like the Cottages as is the clubhouse which will offer a pool, an exercise area and a community room with fireplace.
A concierge will facilitate access to home health care and other services you might need.
Future Champlin Woods development may include congregate care apartments on land adjacent to the clubhouse.
Winnapaug Cottages Features:
- All beach cottages have wide views of the woods from the master bedroom and the living area
- 2 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, living room, full basement
- All with first floor master suites, most with studies
- The highest energy star certification
- Open floor plan or traditional layouts
- Homes priced from $565,000 (all prices are subject to change)
- Wonderful neighbors
- Pet friendly and grandchild welcoming
- Condominium maintained with low fees of $340 per month (all prices are subject to change)
- Low taxes: $10.08 per thousand of assessed value
- Professionally landscaped common areas; paver drives and two garages are standard
- Close to hospital, shopping and multiple opportunities for walking and living a healthy lifestyle