First Floor Master Bedroom Homes
A 55 plus community with the allure of the sea and sand.
Customized shingle-style homes close to the ocean but safely set on high, forested land. between Watch Hill and Weekapaug on Rte 1a of the Rhode Island Shore. Find out how you can have the excitement of an affordable, upscale new home. Breakthrough one-story homes starting at $565,000. Call 401-596-3000 x1 for more information.
Winnapaug Cottages has been designed to include 60 single-family cottages that are condominium association maintained. The development is nestled in the 135-acre Dr. John Champlin Glacier Park in Rhode Island's charming Westerly and overlooks Winnapaug Pond and the ocean. There are 2 miles of gentle trails as well as lightly travelled private drives for your walking pleasure. There is a new nearby shopping area with supermarket, pharmacy, restaurants and convenience stores, in addition to the charming shops and park of historic downtown Westerly. The homeowner's association performs exterior maintenance so you have time to lead a healthy lifestyle. Standard features are exceptional and include 50-year roof shingles, double-dipped white cedar shingles, Energy Star certification, fireplaces, paver terraces and paver driveways.
Those who have ever visited the area love to return to enjoy the relaxed lifestyle provided by the ocean beaches, the salt water ponds like Ninigret and Winnapaug, and the beautiful fields and woods preserved by the Westerly Land Trust and the Audubon Society. The area also offers excellent golf courses, scenic vistas, a sense of community, and one of the most beautiful areas of homes and harbor on the Atlantic coast.
Please explore our web site to learn more about the area and see renderings of the homes that we offer and photographs of a sample of the homes that we have built. These homes often have custom features like bay windows, skylights and lofts—if you think it, we can do it! Read about our reservation program on the Contact Us page.
Click on the buttons above right to see a video showcasing Winnapaug Cottages, and for information about our adjacent development, Champlin Woods. At Champlin Woods we hope to offer elevated condominiums with views of the ocean and the woods as well as a clubhouse. Future Champlin Woods development may include apartments on land adjacent to the clubhouse.
Winnapaug Cottages Features:
- All beach cottages have wide views of the woods from the master bedroom and the living area
- 2 bedrooms, 2 plus baths, living room, full basement
- All with first floor master suites, most with studies
- The highest energy star certification
- Open floor plan or traditional layouts
- Homes priced from $565,000
- Wonderful neighbors
- Pet friendly and grandchild welcoming
- Condominium maintained with low fees of $340 per month
- Low taxes: $10.08 per thousand of assessed value
- Professionally landscaped common areas ; paver drives and two garages are standard
- Close to hospital, shopping and multiple opportunities for walking and living a healthy lifestyle